National Bank Releases Collectible Coins 'BELKA · STRELKA' and ‘SUNDET TOI’ into circulation
Information on the date of sale of coins will be additionally posted on the official website of the National Bank of Kazakhstan.
About Collectible Coins 'BELKA · STRELKA'
The silver collectible coins 'BELKA · STRELKA' with the value of 500 tenge, cupronickel collectible coins of 200 tenge and nickel silver alloy with the value of 100 tenge continue the coin series of 'Kosmos'. The coins are dedicated to the 60th anniversary from the day of the space flight of Belka and Strelka dogs from the 'Baikonur' cosmodrome on 'Vostok' spacecraft. Belka and Strelka are the Soviet dog cosmonauts who made an orbital cosmic flight and successfully returned back to the Earth.
Description of Coins
On the averse side of coins, there is an image symbolizing the unity of a human being with the universe as a connection of the present with the past. On the right side of the coins, there are inscriptions indicating the denomination of the coins: '500 TENGE' on a coin made of silver with tantalum, '200 TENGE' on a coin from cupronickel alloy, '100 TEGE' on a coin from nickel silver alloy.
Under the denomination on a coin made of silver with tantalum, there is an inscription 'Ag 925 14.6g Ta 26.8g', indicating the metal from which the coin is made, its standard, and weight. At the bottom, there is a trademark (a logo) of the Kazakhstani mint. Along the circumference, there are inscriptions 'QAZAQSTAN RESPÝBLIKASY' in the state language and 'REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN' in English.
On the reverse side of the coins, there is an image of Belka and Strelka in a stylized cosmic capsule in the center. On the top, there is an image of the galaxy with stars symbolizing the open space. Along the circumference there are inscriptions 'BELKA' and 'STRELKA' in Russian, 'BELKA' and 'STRELKA' in English as well as the lettering '1960-2020', denoting the anniversary date of the occasion.
- The coins are made of silver and tantalum weighing 41.4 grams (the ring - from 925 sterling silver, weighing 14.6 grams, the rim - from tantalum weighing 26.8 grams), 38.61 mm in diameter, of 'proof' quality, the denomination 500 tenge and with a circulation of 2500 pieces;
- The coins are made of cupronickel MN 25 alloy, weigh 15 grams, are 33 mm in diameter, have 'proof-like' quality, have a nominal of 200 tenge and a circulation of 10,000 pieces;
- The coins are made of nickel silver alloy CNZ 15-20, weigh 11.17 grams, have a 31-millimeter diameter, are of "uncirculated" quality, have 100 tenge value, and a circulation of 100,000 pieces.
About Collectible Coins "SÚNDET TOI"
Collectible coins 'SÚNDET TOI' from silver with a denomination of 500 tenge, from cupronickel alloy with a denomination of 100 tenge, and nickel silver alloy with a denomination of 100 tenge continue the coins' series 'Rites, National Games of Kazakhstan'. 'Sundet toi' is an ancient Kazakh tradition that became a national tradition. Before the rite of 'initiation', the future horseman was put on a horse, and after that, he was presented with gifts.
The state emblem of Kazakhstan is depicted on the ornamental background on the averse side of the central part of the coin. Along the circumference, the inscription "QAZAQSTAN RESPÝBLIKASY' is written in the state language in Latin script, and "The REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN" inscription in English. In the left and right parts of the coin, there are some elements of the national ornament. In the lower part, there is an inscription 'TEŃGE', the number '500' on a silver coin, and the number '100' on coins made of cupronickel and nickel silver, indicating the denomination of the coin.
On the reverse side, there is a composite image of the festive ceremony Sundet toi. On the top part of the coin, there is a stylized image of 'Shanyrak' and some of the elements of the national Kazakh ornament and the wording 'SUNDET TOI'. At the bottom of the coin is the logo of the National Bank of Kazakhstan and the year of minting framed by an ornamental rosette. On the left and right sides of the silver coin there are inscriptions 'Ag 925' and '24 g', denoting the metal from which the coin was made, its standard, and weight.
Coins are made of:
- Silver of 925/1000 sample, with a weight of 24 grams, with a diameter of 37 millimeters, with "proof" quality, is of 500 tenge value and issued in 3 500 pieces;
- of cupronickel alloys 25, with a weight of 15 grams, with the 33-millimeter diameter, of the "brilliant uncirculated" quality, of 100 tenge value, issued in 15 000 pieces;
- of nickel silver alloy 15-20, with the weight of 11.17 grams, of 31-millimeter diameter, of "uncirculated" quality, of 100 tenge value, issued in 100 000 pieces.
The coins are intended for sale at a collectible value.
Collectible coins with a face value of 500 tenge, 200 tenge and 100 tenge are required to be accepted throughout the Republic of Kazakhstan for all types of payments, as well as for crediting to bank accounts and for transfer. They are also exchanged without restriction are in all banks of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Coins of silver are issued in souvenir packages and stamped with a numerical certificate of quality of National Bank of Kazakhstan in the Kazakh, Russian and English languages. The coins of cupronickel alloys with 'proof-like' quality are issued in a souvenir package. The coins of cupronickel alloys of 'brilliant uncirculated' quality are issued in a special printed package.
The collectible coins are made at the Kazakhstan Mint.
More detailed information for mass media representatives is available at:
+7 (717) 2 775 205